I decided to compile this list of questions because I rarely hear a candidate for school board even brush up against these topics. However, from my perspective, what other questions really matter? Please feel free to copy, paste, and shove down the throats of any candidate for school board in your district.
Questions for Pennsylvania School Board Candidates
1. Do you believe in the concept of public education (free and equal educational opportunity for all)?
2. Are the district children receiving the best education possible and how do you know?
3. What research supports the curriculum and instruction used in the schools?
4. Can you identify any waste in the district? Please describe.
5. What are vouchers?
6. How will vouchers impact the school district?
7. Have you given any campaign contributions to politicians that support vouchers? If yes, why?
8. What is the relationship between PSSA scores and real estate values?
9. Should Pennsylvania ask for a waiver to “opt out” of NCLB requirements? Why?
10. How much will it cost Pennsylvania to implement the Keystone Exams?
11. Will the Keystone Exams guarantee that district students are ready to graduate?
12. Should sports, music, and other school related activities that are non-academic be financed with taxes or should students “pay to play?”
13. Explain the use of Value Added Measures in determining effective teaching.
14. Tell me about reliability and VAMs.
15. How much does it cost Pennsylvania to collect data and determine PVAS values?
16. What is a PVAS value and should you even care?
17. If you don’t know the answers to questions above then why are you running for school director?